However, even I admit the holidays do have their good points. Most notably FOOD! During the holiday season, even the most lazy and culinarily challenged will muster up the will to cook some kind of food. Even if it doesn't turn out too well, combined with the efforts of other more gifted cooks the holidays promises delectable delights of all sorts. The good food, combined with festive decorations brings warmth to the place where my soul would be if I had one.
Saturday, December 17, 2011
Thoughts on the Holidays.
The holidays are a time for family...which is why I do not enjoy the holidays. After the stress of finals all I want is some alone time; some time to unwind and draw, make arts and crafts, eat bacon. For me at least, family interactions come with stress...especially when dealing with hovering parents who are constantly prying and asking about "what do you want to do with the rest of your life" type questions. I know they are just worried and want the best for me, but perhaps the best way to say that is by offering me bacon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment